We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced Communications, Associate Director to join our growing team. This role will take the lead on consumer PR for the Bumble app in the United States and work closely with our teams across numerous international markets. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about Bumble and the work we’re doing to empower women and challenge gender dynamics. The candidate we’re looking for will have extensive experience in communications or PR roles that work cross-functionally with marketing, brand, partnerships, community and product teams to bring campaigns and announcements to life. The Communications Associate Director will work closely with teams in the United States and around the world to build, adapt and execute campaigns, driving positive coverage that drives awareness and education for Bumble. You will be developing, drafting and executing communications plans, managing press relationships and briefing spokespeople. This candidate will be highly motivated and detail-orientated with a deep understanding of the media landscape on a national, regional and local level.
We are a small, high-impact team looking for a team leader and team player who is adept at overseeing multiple projects at once and feels confident working independently. This role will be based in Austin reporting to the VP, Global Communications. Ability to travel (in accordance with government guidance) and attend events outside of work hours, as needed.
- An always-on consumer PR plan:
- Build timely strategic PR-led campaigns that showcase the company’s mission and values based on key company insights
- Create and execute PR outreach plans in support of the company’s brand, marketing, talent, partnership and product launches
- Manage external agencies and internal resources to develop integrated campaigns (briefing, providing strategic feedback, production)
- Effectively manage the team on the ground:
- Lead, manage, and inspire a small team; create a culture of collaboration & learning
- Set quarterly objectives / goals for local team members and agencies and problem solve and strategize to deliver against goals/ key KPIs
- Support global teams in determining hiring requirements and roadmap for the region
- Driving press coverage that educates and makes Bumble relevant for consumers across the United States.
- Generating compelling media narratives and pitch ideas that can be replicated across multiple markets.
- Identify media opportunities aligned with business priorities (major events, seasonal moments, etc) and deliver campaigns or activations against them, and plan and manage creative and strategic national marketing campaigns alongside always-on marketing efforts.
- Managing and building relationships with journalists in the United States.
- Represent the Comms team in planning and strategy with business and product teams to ensure we’re telling the best story possible for the brand.
- Drafting messaging and media strategies to amplify announcements, product launches and updates, partnerships and campaigns.
- Analyzing consumer insights to translate them into compelling stories.
- Preparing communications materials and briefings for key spokespeople.
- Managing day-to-day agency support, including budget accountability.
- Responding, routing and escalating press inquiries.
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact of communications work, as required.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience in consumer communications and PR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leading major projects
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in managing individuals and agencies, building teams/networks and communicating across time zones
- A strong understanding of all media platforms
- Comfortable with regional travel to meet with local agencies + teams and attend activities (when needed)
- A strong believer in Bumble’s brand vision and values
- Able to work as an individual as well as a team player
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- You are self-directed and engage in media opportunities with a sense of urgency
- You are organized and with an eye for detail
- You are able to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- You are able to work cross-functionally across teams, time zones and cultures
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/