We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a Designer to join the Badoo creative studio.
This role will be based in London, reporting to a Design Lead.
At Badoo, we believe that connection should be possible for everyone and because of this we always ensure that inclusivity and positivity is at the core of all our work. Our mission is to encourage our community to Date Honestly, and, to that end, we welcome all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives because we believe that it’s through our differences that we can keep revolutionising the way the world connects online.
Badoo is a global community who interact daily not only with our products, but with the work we do to elucidate and promote them. As we continue to expand our in-house creative team, we are looking for a Graphic Designer to join the Creative Studio.
This is an ambitious, fast-paced environment that requires conceptual, strategic thinking and a willingness to collaborate to create highly visible work across multiple channels. The ideal candidate will have experience iterating rapidly on feedback from stakeholders and in partnering with writers, art directors, and other creatives to craft narratives across channels.
If this sounds interesting, please keep reading.
- Work on high-visibility campaigns and digital content that can flex seamlessly across global territories.
- Integrate closely with the Product team to ensure that the brand is fully represented across all communication channels.
- Engage external agencies or freelance talent as necessary and provide constructive feedback and direction, ensuring consistent look and feel of the Badoo brand globally.
- Champion emotive and powerful creative work and continually push boundaries.
- An ability to follow and interpret design systems.
- A thorough understanding of creative trends in tech, branding, advertising and related fields.
- A willingness to take creative risks but also to follow and interpret creative direction.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally (working with product teams is a plus).
- A portfolio of inspiring creative work showcasing conceptual thinking and strong visual design skills (illustration and/or motion skills are a plus).
- Ability to create work in multiple styles across multiple formats.
- Understanding of content management systems for asset tracking and creation.
- Ability to provide art direction for smaller scale projects, being a brand steward especially when collaborating with freelancers or external agencies.
- Proficient in Adobe CC
- You see the big picture but understand that great brands, and great design, require a keen attention to detail.
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach to complex problems.
- You enjoy solving problems and can do so without direct supervision.
- You have a sophisticated design style.
- You are well-versed in data and analytics especially as they relate to concept development and optimisation of work once it’s in market.
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces.
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are passionate about our brand vision and values.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/