We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced, driven and proactive individual to lead our Localisation team whilst our current Head of Localisation goes on maternity leave. Working for both the Badoo and Bumble brands and reporting to the Head of Product Operations, you will be responsible for supporting internationalisation efforts of the company and coordinating localisation operations.
- Manage a team of in-house localisation managers, specialists, project managers and 50+ remote localisation specialists
- Oversee all aspects of localisation projects: allocation of resources, team workload, prioritisation of projects, performance monitoring
- Develop localisation solutions in collaboration with internal stakeholders, analyse needs and recommend best approaches to support company-wide initiatives
- Innovate and optimise workflows and tools to ensure the highest level of performance in terms of efficiency and quality
- Develop and maintain roadmaps and project plans, report regularly on achieved results, roadblocks and remaining work
- Act as the single point of contact for all localisation queries, establish and maintain excellent relationships with in-house teams as well as third party vendors. Be the ambassador for the Localisation team across the whole company
- Educate all stakeholders on processes and best practices, and maintain documentation and guides
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Approximately 5+ years of experience in the localisation industry
- Experience managing a team and team strategy as well as supporting the development of others through coaching and mentoring
- Experience in complex project/programme management
- Hands-on experience with in-house or third party translation management and content management systems
- Knowledge of the latest and greatest translation tools and strategies
- Fluency in foreign languages or deep comprehension of several foreign languages
- Good understanding of product development processes, mobile and web software development
- You are a natural problem solver with excellent analytical skills who can come up with alternative solutions in the face of various constraints
- You have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and deep regard for linguistic quality
- You are comfortable working with linguists, business leads, designers, engineers, vendors
- You are proactive and positive, with a 'can do' attitude
- You care deeply about Badoo’s and Bumble’s mission and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/