We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an innovative and highly talented Junior Video Editor & Motion Designer to join the in-house Creative Team in Austin, Texas. This role will report to and work closely with the Senior Video Editor & Motion Designer and provide support to the Video Editor & Motion Designer. This position will require a background in video editing along with a strong foundation in graphic design, motion design, and animation principles. The ideal candidate will not only show confidence and efficiency in these mediums, but will also demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the flexibility that is needed in our cross-functional pipeline.
- Edit video footage for multiple platforms in multiple orientations.
- Interpret and apply Bumble’s design system through motion graphics and video content.
- Design animations for non-conventional screen formats.
- Collaborate with Bumble’s graphic designers to create motion graphics that enhance video content and drive engagement.
- Explore new concepts and approaches to further enhance Bumble’s motion identity.
- Give support to the Video team on day-to-day tasks as well as larger-scale projects.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in video editing and motion design.
- An online portfolio/reel showing experience and creativity in video and animation, preferably with some brand experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Experience with collaborative workflow software including Frame.io, Figma, Wrike, Dropbox, and Google Workspace apps.
- Proven attention to detail in areas of video editing, color theory, type design, and animation. Skills in illustration are a plus.
- Strong sense of branding and identity, both in design and video narrative.
- General knowledge of current social media platforms including Youtube, Instagram, Tik Tok, and Facebook, as well as developing trends.
- Familiarity with the Bumble app and user experience.
- You have the ability to approach assignments independently and proactively.
- You are positive, enthusiastic, and eager to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate: You are aware of current industry trends while looking outside of the world of motion design and video for new inspiration.
- Storyteller: You understand the importance of themes and structure in narrative storytelling and how these principles engage viewers and convey meaning.
- Problem solver: You can come up with creative solutions to unique challenges in a pinch.
- Team player: You take pride in your work and see it as an opportunity to contribute to something bigger.
- Organized: You keep projects, folders, and files organized and accessible to maximize efficiency and increase accessibility for other team members.
- Communicative: You are vocal about your ideas and struggles and bring them forward to strengthen the team.
- Flexible: You’re able to pivot directions and between projects with confidence as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Big Picture: You are able to work within Bumble’s guidelines while also looking for the next big idea.
- You are a strong believer in Bumble’s values and brand vision.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/