We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
We need an experienced Senior Network Engineer to help design, develop and manage our core production networks connecting thousands of servers in multiple data centres to our users. Our apps connect millions of people around the globe, and the whole underlying infrastructure is done and maintained in-house. The network is an essential component for us, as we strive to deliver a fast and uninterrupted experience to our customers in any part of the world.
- Contribute to the network infrastructure design.
- Make continuous improvements to ensure the network infrastructure meets the business needs
- Partner closely with data centre operations and deployment teams to guarantee designs and solutions are safe and efficient.
- Working with systems engineers and developers to help them to build better services by approaching their problems from different angles
- Helping network operations team by troubleshooting network related issues escalated from them (some out of hours works required), as well as documenting and handing off existing systems to their care
- Improving our existing network infrastructure, creating documentation, improving reliability, automation and monitoring, together with fellow network engineers.
- Communicate with security team while developing approaches to risk and security management
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant networking (CCNP/JNCIP) or equivalent practical expertise.
- At least five years of experience in the field is required; we value practical knowledge, critical thinking and results.
- Background in cross-functional teams is preferred.
- Familiarity with a large network (preferably DC) design and operations in a global environment
- Experience designing, analysing and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Exposure to working in a multi-vendor environment.
- Hands-on experience with the following vendors: Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper. Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise would be a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies/protocols: BGP, IS-IS, MC-LAG, IP Fabric, VPN or SDN.
- Experience in network security (PCI-DSS is a huge bonus): we are PCI Level 1 compliant
- Proficiency with automation tools such as rancid or napalm. Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to be a part of a diverse team are essential
- Solid understanding of Linux network stack is a big bonus.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/