We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is seeking an experienced public policy professional to manage its efforts at the state and federal level and across a wide-range of stakeholders, including government, civil society, and industry. The successful candidate will help develop and advance Bumble’s policy priorities, including the empowerment and protection of women and vulnerable communities online. This position will be based in Washington D.C. and will report to the Vice President of Public Policy.
- Help craft and execute Bumble’s legislative and political strategy at the state and federal levels;
- Build relationships with members of Congress, the executive branch, and key cabinet agencies and staff;
- Serve as a Bumble representative in meetings with Congress, the Administration, strategic partners, and industry peers;
- Identify opportunities for Bumble to serve as an industry thought leader on tech policy issues, particularly those with implications for women or underrepresented communities;
- Build alliances with like-minded organizations to further Bumble’s mission;
- Work cross-functionally to communicate Bumble’s public policy priorities internally and externally;
- Analyze legislation and monitor political and regulatory trends; and
- Draft strategies, policy positions, correspondence, and official submissions to public consultations.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- University degree in political science, international affairs, public policy, gender studies, or related field; advanced degree preferred;
- Proven experience in public policy, government affairs, or advocacy with a focus on technology or gender equality issues;
- Extensive, first-hand knowledge of legislative processes surrounding technology issues at the state and federal level;
- Proven ability to evaluate, prioritize, and summarize issues and drive advocacy efforts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to liaise positively, effectively and positively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of and passion for Bumble’s unique culture and mission
- Significant understanding of regulatory and policy issues facing the tech industry and of the unique hardships women face online
- A natural relationship builder, you passionately seek to build networks and gain a broad understanding of how organizations work
- Highly collaborative; proactively seeks out a range of viewpoint and perspectives
- Positive, proactive, and solution-focused
- Personal gravitas: you articulate your thought processes with conviction, back up your ideas with data & evidence, and don’t shy away from debating the best course of action for the business
- A thoughtful communicator and influencer; skilled at adjusting communication style and approach based on the audience and context
- Demonstrated ability to act with the highest level of discretion at all times
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, and multiple competing priorities
- Global mindset and willingness to work across international time zones
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/