We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bring your extensive experience to help grow one of the world’s fastest-growing social networks.
You'll join a team of BI professionals working on exciting and innovative projects as well as shaping our day to day operations. The BI department offers the chance to collaborate with data scientists, analysts and database developers with opportunities to gain or enhance skills across a number of other BI tools like Python & Jupyter.
- Define and own the architecture of the MicroStrategy platform.
- Plan and implement platform upgrades and hotfixes.
- Automate aspects of the SDLC and bring efficiencies with the Reporting Analytics team.
- Partner with database development and analytics team to extend the capabilities of the platform.
- Drive initiatives such as new visualisations, Web SDK, Python and R integration/adoption.
- Automate testing, deployments and object creation/management e.g. transformation metrics.
- Constantly evaluate and tune end to end performance. From MSTR SQL to dashboard performance. Advising the team on best practices.
- Act as a centre of governance and control on behalf of the company. Ensuring changes are made in accordance with industry best practices.
- Support evaluation of new BI tools to complement the current stack.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proficient Microstrategy experience across: Platform Analytics; Integrity Manager; System Manager; Command Manager; Object Manager.
- Related Microstrategy certifications in Platform, System Administration, Architecture, SDK
- Expert in Data Modelling
- Unix - 3+ years
- Experience in all of the following : Exasol, Snowflake, MySQL, Postgres, Knowledge of SSO
- Some experience with REST APIs, Task API..
- You understand how to balance long term projects against short term needs of the business.
- You are an enabler and someone who thrives on building capability around them.
- Able to act as a mentor to others and educate them on the principles of managing large BI systems.
- You constantly question the status quo and look for ways to improve processes within your domain but also those around you.
- Able to plan complex projects such as upgrades/infrastructure changes with ease.
- Strong sense of governance and risk mitigation.
- Able to operate with senior management but also contribute to team deliverables which may be outside of your official role.
- Understands the long term view and makes progress towards that through partnering with others.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/