We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is expanding its analytical function and we are looking for experienced analysts to be part of the established Business Analytics team. You’ll join our team of thirty bright and savvy analysts and data scientists. You will work on a wide range of data challenges such as evaluating product features, user behavioural pattern mining, experimentation, revenue forecasting and insight generation for the Bumble leadership team. We also work on competitor reports, marketing campaign analysis, social media data scraping and sentiment analysis (NLP), forecasting models and much, much more.
If you want to work with some of the most exciting technologies for big data, this is your chance! We constantly review and extend our tool stack to remain current. Continuous learning is a crucial part of the job. We participate regularly in conferences, meetups, training and internal hackathons. If any of the following speak to you, we would like to hear from you!
- Manipulate complex datasets using a range of tools such as Python, SQL, Hive and Spark
- Deliver actionable insights to product, marketing, billing, engineering and operations teams
- Perform analysis across a variety of data topics and help solve revenue challenges such as effective price modelling, performance forecasting and correlation analytics
- Take the lead on new exploratory research projects in a wide variety of areas
- Contribute to ongoing infrastructure improvements, e.g. our Bumble Python library
- Partner with the wider Business Analytics team to solve bigger business problems
- Contributions to enhancements in team operations, efficiency and skillsets
- Fast delivery of actionable insights within an environment of rapidly changing priorities
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven commercial experience querying, analysing and providing insights from large datasets (100 TB+), preferably within a revenue function
- Advanced SQL: analytic functions, performance tuning, data wrangling
- Python: pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels, IPython/JupyterData Visualisation: D3.js, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, ggplot (any of the above)
- Experience in experimentation analytics: significance analysis, non-parametric methods, bootstrapping
- Strong statistical modelling experience preferably with a background in econometrics
- Ability to engage key stakeholders such as developers, product managers and senior management
- Experience in presenting findings to varying audiences (technical and non-technical stakeholders) and catering presentation style appropriately
- Excellent attention to detail and a clear and concise writing style
- Comfortable working with a broad range of BI tools, identifying the most appropriate solutions across diverse stakeholder needs
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/