We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a highly commercial Senior FP&A Manager to drive growth, profitability, as well as support decision-making and provide planning leadership across the Marketing teams.
Partnering with Marketing leaders, this very hands-on role will lead the financial planning, performance reviews, evaluation of campaigns and investments across the Group’s brands, navigating between the fine operational details and the bigger picture of Bumble’s ambitions.
Based in Austin and reporting to the Head of Group FP&A, the Senior FP&A Manager will play an important part in increasing commerciality across the organisation, rolling out best-in-class analysis, reporting and planning practices, and strengthening relationships between Finance and Marketing teams.
- Work with the Marketing teams to ensure that the drivers of brand, acquisition and financial performance are analysed and improved. This include the understanding of branding and performance marketing activities, dynamics of regions and audiences, and the analysis of competition
- Provide visibility of performance and financials across Marketing teams and ensure that changing business demands are planned, challenged and supported
- Partner with Marketing leaders to develop go-to-market and user acquisition strategies, establishing and evangelising critical KPIs such as LTV, CAC and country-level profit metrics
- Provide thought leadership to Marketing leaders through all planning processes including budget, periodic forecasts and strategic planning. Importantly, drive cultural change to embed long-term planning, operational planning and storyboarding
- Develop a deep understanding of variances in actual performance versus plans and influence across the Marketing teams to maximise business outcomes. In particular, facilitate data‐driven decision making by ensuring key decision makers access appropriate operational and financial analysis to identify opportunities and measure performance
- Manage Risk and Opps related to Marketing spend and performance throughout the quarter to ensure appropriate anticipation of quarter end results
- Take part in the transformation activities of the broader Finance department to improve system automation, operational analysis, financial analysis and commercial awareness
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Mix of commercial finance and financial planning roles, including at established branded companies in the consumer or tech space
- Strong knowledge of planning and performance processes, annual budget, monthly forecast and quarterly business reviews
- Strong financial modelling skills, with the ability to translate commercial plans and activities into relevant financial models and analyses
- Broad commercial acumen and round understanding of the business considerations impacting profit, cash and balance sheet
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to build trust at senior level and act as a change agent across teams
- You have resilience in the face of changing priorities and high tolerance for ambiguity
- You have the desire to get into the details and help bring Bumble’s ambitious plans to life
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/