We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a dynamic and skilled Social Media Designer to join the Brand Creative Team based in Austin, Texas. This role will report to the US Design Lead.
This Designer role will specifically help lead the Social Team in continuing the growth and impact of our various social channels. Working closely with our highly-collaborative Brand and Social Team, this Designer will build strategies and create visuals that empower and engage our audience.
Maintaining a positive attitude and remaining adaptable are essential parts of this job since you will wear multiple hats and juggle many projects at once. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in a fast-paced environment and be able to iterate quickly on designs with feedback from stakeholders. An expertise in design is essential, but equally important is a passion for social media as a medium and it’s quick, ever-changing nature.
- Understand our target audience and leverage our social media channels to increase reach, engagement, and impact
- Design a wide variety of digital graphics for our various social platforms (Snapchat, Instagram, Giphy, TikTok, Clubhouse, Spotify, and Youtube)
- Create engaging daily graphic content for our multiple Instagram accounts (@bumble, @bumblebff, @bumblebizz, and @yellow)
- Work on special projects such as social partnerships, social initiatives, digital experiences, and more
- Create quick turnaround, reactive content for important cultural moments
- Be a leader on the Social Team by aligning creative efforts with larger brand strategy and goals
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager to partner on content strategy
- Work closely with the Social Media Art Director to align on visual direction and overall creative strategy
- Work collectively with the larger Creative + Brand Teams on cross-disciplinary creative initiatives.
- Communicate design strategy, assets, and guidelines with Bumble’s global teams
- Be aware of social media trends and formats while also being able to produce unique designs and original ideas
- Learn and embrace brand guidelines while exploring new visual styles and formats that are recognizable and ownable
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven professional design experience
- Mastery in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of Figma is a plus
- Motion graphics skills are a plus
- Excellent typography, vector and illustration skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in designing for a variety of digital applications and have a strong knowledge of best practices for digital production
- Remaining adaptable and efficient while juggling several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to articulate your design thinking
- Stellar communication and organization skills
- An understanding of task management systems for partnerships and asset tracking
- Passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
- A lover of social media as a medium and are inspired by its impact and ever-changing nature
- Eager to create thumb-stopping content
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach to problem solving
- Comfortable working both autonomously (delivering design) and in collaboration with others (discovering a solution)
- An idea person
- An enthusiastic team member with a willingness to learn outside of your own knowledge base
- Have a finger on the pulse to popular culture, but are also able to tune into empathy and ‘take the pulse’ of how our audience/ the internet is feeling
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/