We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join the London-based Finance team on a 12 months fixed term contract.
The candidate will have the necessary accounting experience to support the financial accounting requirements in a fast-paced environment; navigating between fine operational details and the big picture of Bumble and Badoo’s ambitious goals.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, this very hands on role will provide accounting support across the finance operations of our UK and European entities. Your will support the Group Finance Manager in delivering monthly and quarterly deliverables for the group and auditors.
- Prepare accruals and prepayments schedules
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of management accounts
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Monthly cost-analysis preparation
- Perform ad-hoc duties as directed by the Group Finance Manager
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience in accounting functions
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of attention to detailTeam orientated, a “can do” attitude and flexible approach
- Able to work under pressure
- Good working knowledge of excel including pivot tables and vlookup
- Experience using SAP B1
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
- Listed company experience
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/