We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a pragmatic, collaborative, and analytical commercial Associate Director , Global Commercial Strategy to join the global Strategy and Operations function across Bumble and Badoo brands. This role will report to the Director of Global Strategy and work closely with regional and channel marketing teams across both brands to drive growth.
As a member of the Strategy & Operations team, this role will rely heavily on robust problem solving skills and analytical prowess to continuously identify ways to bring Bumble and Badoo to users around the world. This role will manage projects that are cross-department and will work closely with the CCO, CMO, Finance, Marketing stakeholders, and cross functional teams like Business Intelligence, Research & Insights, Operations, Product and more. This role will deep-dive into business trends, build commercial models, inform investment decisions, evaluate market and growth opportunities, drive strategic projects from start to finish, and work with the organization to build scalable playbooks for sustained growth in our fast growing global business.
Location: This role will be based in our Austin office. We are open to London under special circumstances.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Analyzing market-specific strategic priorities and executions
- Monitor and understand overall business performance against key metrics. Identify trends and insights to inform commercial decisions
- Perform and understand analysis using customer data from internal systems and external research to draw commercially-savvy conclusions that are communicated visually and / or in digestible formats
- Collaborate with Finance and Business Intelligence to build commercial analysis and scorecards that will inform investment strategy across brands, geography, channel, and audience
- Develop strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all commercial decisions and strategy
- Become an expert on customer behavior and insights at a market-level to inform future activity and strategies for growth
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Executing on strategic priorities & projects
- Develop new market launch strategies & recommendations in test & learn markets, inclusive of marketing channel strategy, investment strategy, and audience strategy in collaboration with various internal stakeholders across functions
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build measurement and evaluation frameworks that align against company & marketing goals
- Identify scalable marketing strategies and partner with integrated marketing teams to test them against priority audiences / geographies globally
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Supporting in global marketing strategy planning
- Support in setting goals across the commercial organization in partnership with Finance and Business Intelligence
- Inform investment levels across brands, channels, audience, and geographies based on the goals of the business
- Develop executive-level materials (written communication and visual) for bi-weekly leadership meetings
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Masters degree in Economics, Finance, Marketing or similar / equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in management consulting, trading or commercial strategy within technology / social connection platforms / ecomm marketplace, and / or consumer-facing go to market strategies
- Experience working within a company with a global, multi-country marketing footprint, and/or multi-brand portfolio
- Proven interpersonal skills; collaborative team member within Marketing and across non-marketing functions
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Experience working across time zones with remote teams preferred
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written), comfortable communicating at all levels from interns to executives
- Iterative thinker, with experience working in a test and learn environment
- Collaborative team member within Marketing and across non-marketing functions
- You bring a one-team approach, building a project team across functions internally, with agencies and with external partners
- You are eager to learn and open to change & ambiguity
- Highly systematic, creative, and methodical with a problem-solving approach
- You are metric focused and embed a test-and-learn culture. You have the ability to understand art + science
- You thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/