We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a pragmatic, collaborative, and analytical Associate Director, Global Operations to support strategic operational efficiency for our global marketing and commercial teams, especially the Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Marketing Officer and the VP, Global Strategy & Operations. Reporting to the Director, Global Operations, this role will be instrumental in working cross-functionally to develop and streamline processes, serve as a thought partner to marketing and commercial leadership, and execute on key operational projects in support of strategic priorities. This individual will provide counsel, insights and reports to support to guide key business decisions.
- Deploy and embed global, cross-functional processes and workflow, and hold brand and marketing teams accountable to adherence to best practices, and ensuring process is clearly and centrally documented
- Ensure alignment on roles and responsibilities across the global commercial organization by supporting the documentation of - and adherence to - RACI frameworks, approval flows, reporting cadence, etc
- Proactively identify operational challenges or inefficiencies across the commercial and marketing organization in order to develop a roadmap of focus areas
- Partner closely with budget holders and finance team to ensure accurate forecasting, budget tracking and regular communication between budget holders and finance
- Monitor spend progress and support teams to effectively deploy allocated budgets
- Leverage a familiarity with common accounting, legal and procurement issues affecting marketing activity, and interpret these for a team of creative marketers and commercial business leads
- Actively collaborate with other departments to improve cross-functional processes, advocating for commercial and marketing teams while maintaining a network of key contacts across the business
- Foster a culture of learning across marketing and commercial teams
- Manage team-wide subscriptions and tools, minimizing duplication of services, ensuring adherence to budget and cost efficiency wherever possible.
- Act as support to marketing and commercial leadership team for all quarterly and annual planning, team communication, and regular reporting to internal stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years’ experience in commercial operations, marketing or agency operations. Experience with consumer-facing marketing in a high-growth tech-forward company is a plus.
- Proven ability to forge relationships and influence cross-functional process
- Demonstrated ownership mindset - proactively own and take on challenges facing the team and shepherd solutions through to implementation.
- Analytical and creative problem solver – with the ability to understand art + science
- Proficient in GSuite, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint/Keynote/GSheets
- Experience working across geography, time zones, and with remote teams preferred
- Ability to perform highly in extremely fast-paced environments, and adapt to changing demands
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/