We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated manager with good analytics and engineering experience to lead a multi disciplined BI Operations team as part of a larger, cross-functional BI department. Collaborating with the multiple disciplines within the BI team - including internal product development, data quality and governance, research and proof-of-concept projects and compliance - you will be accountable for iteratively delivering agreed business outcomes and for optimising your team’s productivity and personal development.
This role will be based in London, reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence.
- Drive operational effort in BI department and be a key point of contact for BI teams:Data Engineering; Data Science and ML Engineering; Reporting Analytics, Business Insights; Product Insights, Marketing Insights
- Lead a data-driven team, help them grow and achieve business goals. Establish strong relationships for cross functional teams collaborating.
- Leverage and asses modern tools and techniques for reporting and data platform
- Define and implement strategy on monitoring and improving the quality of our data in collaboration with ETL team and DSA
- External reporting tool evaluation, integration and adoption
- Implement necessary practices in relation to GDPR, PCI-DSS compliance (and any other regulations) in collaboration with legal team and a whole BI department
- Define the look and feel of BI by supporting tools and processes used by data consumers within the department, the company and the executive leadership team
- Access and Control Change management operations in BI infrastructure
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven track record of highly effective stakeholder management and communication skills
- Solid skills of designing and delivering complex data and analytics related projects
- An understanding of modern data software development practices and techniques
- Experience of line management and coaching
- Good analytical SQL knowledge
- An understanding of build/deployment pipelines and associated tooling (Linux, git, Docker, TeamCity)
- You hate “broken windows” and feel satisfied then everything is organised
- You passionate about new technologies, architectures and processes
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are comfortable being an agent of cultural and operational change
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You demonstrate servant leadership, earning respect from your team and are willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- You empower teams to become self-organising
- You are the first to notice issues and opportunities, and are able to exploit these to your team’s advantage
- You foster a climate of transparency and openness
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/