We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced and efficient Corporate Paralegal to join our global in-house legal team. This role will work across the team to support marketing activities and general business operations around the world. This position will handle basic contract drafting, review and negotiation on a wide variety of agreements, including commercial contracts, confidentiality agreements, and consulting agreements. The position will also be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of a contract database, managing contract life cycles, ensuring compliance with legal requirements related to contests and sweepstakes, and generally providing support to our team as needed.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role working on corporate matters in an in-house environment.
This role is based in Austin, TX and reports directly into the Assistant General Counsel.
- Draft/review/revise a wide variety of commercial contracts with the supervision of the Assistant General Counsel and other legal team members
- Review and ensure compliance with sweepstakes, contests, promotions and cause marketing
- Develop, update and maintain contract templates, forms and guidelines
- Manage incoming inquiries from internal stakeholders relating to the status of contract and signatures
- Work with product, engineering and design teams to document, review, and audit initiatives for legal compliance
- Help create procedures and practices within the company to promote efficient workflows and handling of legal requests that allow the company to scale effectively
- Draft and update training materials and conduct in-person training on various commercial topics
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Contract Ops to manage an effective and efficient contract database
- Attend weekly/biweekly syncs with internal teams to keep abreast of upcoming activations, flag issues and respond to questions
- Handle miscellaneous administrative tasks for the Assistant General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel and Chief Legal & Compliance Officer
- Assist with administration of existing contracts
- Resolve routine legal issues based on attorney guidance
- Rely on experience and good judgment to accomplish goals and escalate material issues
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years’ experience as a corporate/commercial paralegal, preferably with experience both at a law firm and as part of an in-house legal department
- Bachelor’s Degree, Paralegal Certification, or equivalent experience
- In-house experience in a tech environment strongly preferred
- Significant experience drafting, revising, reviewing, and negotiating contracts
- Experience with commercial law, including marketing, digital advertising, social media, and commerce
- Experience managing sweepstakes, contests, promotions and cause marketing, with strong understanding of applicable rules and regulations
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Outstanding time-management and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities under short deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Desire to maintain a strong general understanding of emerging trends and changes to commercial laws and regulations and their enforcement
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/