We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is expanding its analytical function and we are looking for experienced analysts to be part of the Services Insights - Safety team. You’ll join our team of bright and savvy analysts and data scientists within the wider data organization of over 70 professionals. We draw strategic insights from data, spot opportunities to improve product, and design and evaluate approaches to improve user experience on our platforms. You will work on a wide range of challenging and very important problems in the area of user safety and community integrity. While working on these problems, you will conduct exploratory data analysis, design, run, and evaluate experiments, translate business questions into data analytics problems and lead implementation of analysis and share insights with broader product and leadership teams.
If you want to work with some of the most exciting technologies for big data and want to bring one of our core values (i.e., user safety) to life, this is your chance! We constantly review and extend our tool stack to remain current. Continuous learning is a crucial part of the job. If you are passionate about the dating market or about our products and if any of the above speaks to you, we would like to hear from you!
- Collaborate closely with product stakeholders and deliver actionable insights to product, engineering and operations teams
- Efficiently present data-driven insights to product and executive stakeholders, effectively select the right visualization types and abstract technical complexities in accessible business language
- Manipulate complex datasets using a range of tools such as Python, SQL, Hive and Spark
- Use advanced analytics (building statistics and causal inference models) to carve out actionable insights from large and complex datasets
- Take the lead on new exploratory research projects in a wide variety of areas, define new areas to explore, identify, and implement solutions to our challenging problems
- Partner with the wider analytics team to solve bigger business problems, contribute to expand the technical capabilities and knowledge base of the team
- Fast delivery of actionable insights within an environment of rapidly changing prioritiesDrive a culture of insightful storytelling across the analytics team and beyond.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven commercial experience working with business leaders and product stakeholders in a previous data or consulting role
- Proven commercial experience querying, analysing and providing insights from large datasets
- Proven commercial experience of using statistics and building econometrics or machine learning models to draw insights from data
- Advanced SQL: analytic functions, performance tuning, data wrangling
- Comfortable with visualizing data in a range of output formats (e.g. decks) or tools (e.g. BI tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy etc.)
- Experience in presenting findings to varying audiences (technical and non-technical stakeholders) and catering presentation style appropriately
- Excellent attention to detail and a clear and concise writing style
- Comfortable working with a broad range of BI tools (or willingness to pick up new tools quickly), identifying the most appropriate solutions across diverse stakeholder needs
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of statistics
- Python: pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels, IPython/JupyterData Visualisation: matplotlib, seaborn, D3.js, plotly, ggplot (any of the above)
- Data Modeling
- Exposure to Version Control software as git is a nice to have
- Prior experience in mobile applications, user safety, or community integrity would be a nice to have
- Prior experience in any of the following areas is nice to have: highly imbalanced data classification, natural language processing, anomaly detection, or image processing
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/