We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a Design Director to join the Badoo creative studio.
This role will be based in London, reporting to the Global Head of Creative.
At Badoo, we believe that connection should be possible for everyone and because of this we always ensure that inclusivity and positivity is at the core of all our work. Our mission is to encourage our community to Date Honestly, and, to that end, we welcome all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives because we believe that it’s through our differences that we can keep revolutionizing the way the world connects online.
Badoo is a global community who interact daily not only with our products, but with the work we do to elucidate and promote them. As we continue to expand our in-house creative team, we are looking for a Design Director to lead our design function within the Creative Studio. The ideal candidate for this senior leadership role will have a proven track record of conceptualizing and executing 360 campaign work across multiple channels and territories. They will be able to translate strategy into evocative creative, working autonomously or within teams to oversee the generation of multiple territories for concepts.
This is a role for someone who has a clear and inspiring vision for how a brand should look and feel globally, and experience adapting brand guidelines across global markets. They will be excited by innovation and ambiguity and the opportunity to have a big impact as we continue to grow our in-house resources. As a player-coach with experience managing large design teams, the Design Director will be responsible for taking creative work from brief through to execution, working closely with our regional marketing leads to get buy-in on concepts and design directions. While this is a role for a seasoned creative leader and manager, the ideal candidate will have the skills and appetite to execute themselves when necessary. They will enjoy being hands-on and lead by example. For all these reasons, people are lining up to collaborate with this person already.
If this sounds interesting, please keep reading.
- Develop high-visibility campaigns and digital content that can flex seamlessly across global territories.
- Integrate closely with the Product team to ensure that the brand is fully represented across all communication channels.
- Effectively manage a growing team of designers, art-directors, and motion designers working across markets and channels. Be responsible for their personal career development and structure the team in a way that makes it most responsive to the needs of the business.
- Listen. Support. Inspire. Advocate.
- With the Head of Creative, guide the creative process and the design team’s work from start to finish, manage project flow and prioritisation seamlessly.
- Engage external agencies or freelance talent as necessary and provide constructive feedback and direction, ensuring consistent look and feel of the Badoo brand globally.
- Champion emotive and powerful creative work and continually push the boundaries.
- With the Head of Creative you help foster an environment that encourages smart risk-taking and innovation.
- Present work to Head of Creative and up through the business, including to the C-suite and President.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 12+ years of experience in graphic design, preferably in the tech sector.
- Proven success leading design teams.
- Deep experience working cross-functionally, especially with product teams.
- A portfolio of enviable, industry-leading, perhaps award-winning design work spanning product and campaigns.
- You see the big picture but understand that great brands, and great design, require a keen attention to detail.
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach to complex problems.
- You enjoy solving problems and can do so without direct supervision.
- You enjoy concepting creative campaigns and ideas across channels and scale.
- You’re as comfortable working on above-the-line campaigns as you are with evergreen social assets.
- You are well-versed in data and analytics especially as they relate to concept development and optimisation of work once it’s in market.
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces.
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are passionate about our brand vision and values.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/