We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced and innovative Designer to join the in-house Brand Creative Team in Austin, Texas. This role will report to the US Design Lead while working collaboratively with digital, product, and marketing related teams. This designer will focus on digital work for various brand extensions including but not limited to in-app promotion, product marketing, UI/UX, digital ads, web projects, and much more.
We’re looking for a creative thinker and problem-solver to define the functional and visual language of our brand experience and digital interactions. Maintaining a positive attitude and remaining adaptable are an essential part of the job since you will work with multiple teams and juggle many projects at once. The ideal candidate is strategic with the ability to see the big picture but also has a discerning eye for craft and detail.
- Develop, evolve and translate Bumble’s design system across digital applications and platforms to create a cohesive brand /app experience
- Produce digital, product-focused designs that effectively balance creativity and performance
- Work with the Product team through Figma to ensure that our overall brand design systems are aligned and cohesive
- Interpret and develop an asset library required for cross-functional teams to have flexibility and ability to tailor for applications and markets on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with teams including but not limited to Marketing, Product, Digital Innovation, Developers, and more.
- Lead and drive digital projects from concept to completion with limited oversight or management
- Maintain Bumble’s brand standards and help enforce brand guidelines as growth continues into new markets and ensure cross-functional brand strategy
- Stay ahead of best-in-industry technology, brands, and design techniques
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven professional design experience, especially in digital/ tech
- An online portfolio showing a variety of digital, multi-platform, standout work
- Mastery in the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe Illustrator)
- Proficiency in Figma
- Familiarity with the Bumble app and its features, design systems, and details
- Experience designing for digital (especially at a tech-related company)
- A master of typography with strong vector skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of understanding of digital standards and best practices for digital production
- Excellent time management skills and willingness to go above and beyond to produce work with the utmost quality and brand integrity
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at once with a positive attitude
- Comprehension of content management systems for project tracking and asset streamlining
- Strong believer in Bumble’s brand vision and values
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Lover of systems and organization
- You always push for excellence in design and creativity
- Excited about working in a fast-paced environment and getting your hands on a variety of projects
- Stellar communication skills and ability to present your design-thinking
- A team player and proactive contributor who is equally comfortable working autonomously
- Eager to sharpen and learn new skills, programs, and methods
- Unafraid to hustle
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/