We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a well-connected, experienced, passionate and growth-oriented LATAM Comms Director to help scale Bumble’s brand as the leading relationships and social networking app in Mexico and across Latin America. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Communications, you have a pulse on relevance and what’s needed to break through in the press. You are able to innovate, evolve and grow the brand, with a focus on high quality press coverage, share of voice and brand awareness. You have a proven record of delivering successful campaigns that drive impactful press coverage, keeping a pulse on what our community is reading. You care deeply about Bumble’s mission and are passionate about being part of cultural change.
You will be responsible for developing and leading the brand’s communication strategy for Mexico and Latin America, as an integral partner to our communications and marketing teams based in Austin and London.
- Develop robust quarterly PR and comms plans in partnership with global communications and LATAM marketing teams
- Drive press coverage that educates consumers and makes Bumble relevant for single millennials across Latin America
- Develop and execute communications programs and initiatives to support Bumble’s growth in Latin America as well as owning execution for global initiatives
- Manage and build relationships with press across Latin America
- Work collaboratively with global teams to develop and refine the brand narrative for Bumble and how this is brought to life in each market
- Work with market leads and / or external agencies on the development of key messages for campaigns
- Oversee PR-led brand campaigns in each market, working collaboratively and in partnership with the LATAM marketing team and / or external agencies
- Support brand campaigns in each market, working collaboratively and in partnership with market leads and / or external agencies to ensure a press strategy is built into plans
- Develop communications plans and initiatives that target new audiences and opportunities for growth
- Monitor the effectiveness of communications campaigns on brand awareness, brand affinity and share of voice, and use these learnings to develop insights and make recommendations
- Manage external agencies and internal resources to develop integrated campaigns (briefing, providing strategic feedback, production)
- Be responsible for reputation and issues management
- Act as a brand spokesperson, when required
- Analyze consumer and audience insights to translate them into company narratives and newsworthy moments
- Develop expansion plans on both a country and city-level in support of business objectives
- Manage and track marketing budgets, ensuring that the overall budget is distributed strategically to ensure goals are met
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Extensive experience in public relations and communications with deep expertise understanding of the Latin American market
- Strong communicator and relationship builder, with existing deep rolodex of valuable in-market contacts
- Attention to detail and organizational skills with excellent communication, presentation, management, and interpersonal skills
- A natural leader with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and flexible approach
- Creative problem-solving skills and a solutions-focused mindset
- Able to work to tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives. Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Sophisticated understanding of the media landscape
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other Bumble markets
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and pivot accordingly
- You embody the Bumble brand; passionate about the Bumble brand vision and values
- You are proactive in your approach and take initiative, leveraging and learning from successes and challenges of other emerging Bumble markets
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/