We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a Director of Global Social Impact and Sustainability to create and extend social impact and sustainability programs and activities in meaningful and measurable ways. You will implement a strategy that is globally relevant, supports Bumble’s mission to further healthy and equitable relationships, and reflects our values of kindness, accountability, and inclusivity. In this role, you will own and expand our existing initiatives, while spearheading new partnerships and programs. Our ideal candidate has an extensive background in philanthropy, social activism, and corporate social responsibility, and is both a big-picture thinker and a detail-oriented executor. This position will report to the Vice President of Public Policy.
- Globalize corporate giving, impact programming, and sustainability efforts to effectively reflect Bumble’s global presence.
- Own the process to develop an ambitious and measurable sustainability roadmap, including establishing a framework for tracking critical metrics, benchmarking, and reporting progress.
- Ensure Bumble’s social impact and sustainability strategy remains aligned with our values, mission, and evolving objectives across the business.
- Ensure that social impact and sustainability efforts support and mutually reinforce business objectives, particularly around safety and public policy.
- Create and manage opportunities for employee engagement on social impact and sustainability initiatives, including through volunteerism and giving. Ensure employees in all Bumble offices have the opportunity to participate, including in Austin, London, Barcelona, and Moscow.
- Identify and negotiate new partnership opportunities including scope of work, deliverables, and budget.
- Maintain and expand global relationships with key partners, including non-profit organizations, NGOs, and advocacy groups.
- Develop consistent, transparent, and scalable processes to field internal requests and suggestions, evaluate proposals, and allocate resources.
- Effectively communicate social impact and sustainability efforts both internally and externally on bumble.org, as part of corporate brand communication, and as part of marketing initiatives led by local marketing teams.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure social impact and sustainability efforts are well understood and well-reflected across the business.
- Strong understanding of and passion for Bumble’s unique culture and mission.
- Solid understanding, experience, and passion for gender equity, racial equality, and cultural diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and engage high-profile partnerships and a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skill set including the ability to create and track against metrics.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 6-8 years of experience in philanthropy, social impact, or CSR at a publicly traded company and/or major NGO.
- Demonstrated experience managing programs, people, and budgets.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/