We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an Editorial Associate with a journalism or media background and strong admin capabilities to project manage the brand’s growing editorial output. You will implement and oversee our editorial content production in markets outside the U.S.
This role will be based in London, reporting to Bumble’s Head of Editorial Content in New York, but starting remotely.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Day-to-day management of editorial needs across Bumble’s markets, including but not limited to:
- Managing content calendars for each Bumble App market, with oversight from Bumble’s Editorial Content Manager
- Handling all admin related to editorial content needs, e.g. maintaining the CMS, managing agency relationships, all contracting/invoicing/payment
- Working closely with counterparts on, e.g., Design, Engineering, Product, Marketing and CRM teams to project manage packages, launches, campaigns, microsites, et al from the Editorial side
- Coordinating the launch of existing content franchises (e.g. Success Stories) in non-U.S. markets, and commissioning freelancers to create content for each market
- Liaising with country leads and other stakeholders in the company’s growing markets outside the U.S. to assess content needs on a regular basis
- Working with Bumble’s U.S. team to regularly curate a selection of evergreen/mission-driven content for translation and localisation
- Working alongside an agency/agencies, managing said translation process for non-English speaking markets
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior experience working for media outlet(s) and/or a consumer brand in a journalism and/or content production role, including some experience editing
- Proficiency with admin/project management
- Familiarity and proficiency with CMS tools (WordPress being a plus)
- Demonstrated experience commissioning or assigning freelancers preferred but not essential
- Experience and comfort working cross-functionally with a variety of teams (e.g. comms, marketing, engineering), often across time zones
- You’re a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You can manage multiple priorities at once and problem-solve as needed
- You’re a good writer, able to turn out clean copy. Your grasp of grammar and syntax is exceptional and you’d pass an edit test
- You’re a pop culture omnivore who pays attention to current events, understands the media industry/landscape, and reads a variety of outlets
- You believe in Bumble’s values, with equality and inclusion close to the heart of your own personal mission
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/