We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a thoughtful, creative, meticulous yet quick copywriter to join our team in our Bumble Creative Team in London. You will be responsible for writing copy for EMEA marketing, partnership, and brand purposes.
This copywriter should have a strong portfolio of varied work along with 3 years of professional experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly adaptable person looking for a multifaceted and fast-paced opportunity in a growing global tech company.
You’ll be reporting to the EMEA Art Director in the London HQ, working closely with the Austin HQ, based copywriters and EMEA Marketing — to support advertising, partnership, and brand initiatives.
Most importantly, you will embody the empowering, inclusive, and witty voice of the Bumble brand to connect with the user at all points.
- Write persuasive copy that informs, entertains, inspires, and attracts new Bumble users
- Maintain the established brand voice for Bumble, speaking to both users and non-users
- Work within exceedingly tight deadlines while collaborating across multiple departments
- Execute and support all copy tasks across regional, local, and national marketing, including but not limited to: subject lines, action tags/CTAs, contests, paid social media advertising, product messaging, proofreading, editing, and more
- Overseeing freelance copywriting support in EMEA
- Approximately 3 years copywriting experience, particularly in the digital space
- Bonus if you have experience copywriting for an app (agency or in-house brand experience preferred)
- Ability to turn briefs into creative ideas and concepts
- Bachelor’s in Advertising, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or a related field/experience
- Ability to adapt tone for a variety of projects/platforms and write exceptionally clean copy quickly, from headlines and ads to blog and social media posts
- Excellent command of editing and proofreading skills (particularly proficient in AP Style)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment
- Build strong relationships across teams within Bumble
- Ability to write in a natural, authentic & witty style.
Please apply by submitting your resume, work samples, and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role.
Don’t forget to complete the required screening questions in the following application.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/