We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
The People Recommendation team is a cross-functional team composed of senior engineers with a wealth of experience in Backend and QA.
Team’s primary goal is to build the best algorithms to discover new people in all our applications: Badoo, Bumble, BFF and new products are coming. The primary focus is machine learning, artificial intelligence and data science.
To achieve this we strive to use the best mix of in-house and off-the-shelf technologies available, while staying pragmatic - when to develop vs when to adopt.
Collaboration is key - staying focused on listening to our internal engineering community, addressing current and longer-term needs, bringing together diverse viewpoints to ultimately deliver solutions to real world challenges and collaboratively driving positive change. The need for cross-team collaboration does not end with just backend and algorithms, but also includes ITOPS, Platform and Release Engineering, ML infrastructure and tooling teams and more.
- Build the best user experience for people recommendation algorithms in all our products: Vote prediction models; Reciprocation models; Matches prediction models etc..
- Own and develop foundational code, that is used by other teams, in areas like: ML frameworks and models training approaches; Best practices to use artificial intelligence; Experimentations; Analysis & Data Science
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of people management and coaching cross functional teams
- Experience of choosing and adapting ML platforms, training models and integrating them to the larger ecosystem
- Experience building empowered and self-organising teams – including recruitment activities
- Experience of applying devops practices and associated tooling / approaches / processes and strong ability to adapt industry practices to specific real world live environments
- Experience owning and leading technical delivery plans and roadmaps
- Experience applying measures to support consistent and continual process improvement
- An understanding of build/deployment pipelines and associated tooling
- Background in engineering and (preferred) Computer Science degree or similar
- You are passionate about leading, managing and inspiring cross-functional teams
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have excellent facilitation skills, you can facilitate meetings and team discussions, involving the whole team in group based decision making.
- You demonstrate servant leadership, earning respect from your team and are willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- You are comfortable being an agent of cultural and operational changeYou empower teams to become self-organising
- You foster a climate of transparency and openness
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/