We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and tech-savvy translator to work on a freelance basis. You will localise all of Bumble’s and Badoo’s content into Spanish (Spain), ensuring both Bumble’s and Badoo’s voice feels and sounds natural to Spanish-speaking users.
You will be part of our Localisation team which focuses on globalising Bumble and Badoo through the adaptation of linguistically and culturally centred messages and concepts to move our international users’ hearts and minds. Our mission is to spread Bumble’s and Badoo’s word around the world, making our global users feel as if the products were designed within their culture.
You will need to be able to work remotely, including occasional weekends, and deliver translations within our 24h SLAs.
- Localise content for web and mobile applications to reflect local jargon, phraseologies and nuances
- Advise the team on unique regional requirements and cultural differences to maximise the impact of the products in the local market
- Transcreate marketing and SEO/ASO copy
- Transcreate blog posts from Badoo’s blog Review, proofread and test translations within the context of the application/feature to continuously improve copy quality
- Cover for the Spanish Localisation Manager when in holidays
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Fluency in Spanish (Spain) and a good command of English
- Degree qualification in Copywriting, Translation, Journalism or other similar language-related area; or equivalent work experience
- Experience in copywriting and writing for the web or mobile applications
- Understanding of local social media scene, dating industry and target audience
- Highly committed Internet and mobile user
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with your manager and other translators
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinkerYou have excellent time management skills and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s and Badoo’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/