We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Badoo is looking for an experienced Global PR and Communications Lead to join our growing team. This role will take the lead on consumer PR for the Badoo app across the globe, and work closely with our integrated teams across numerous international markets.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about Badoo and our mission to Date Honestly. The candidate we’re looking for will have extensive experience in communications or PR roles that work cross-functionally with marketing, brand, partnerships, community and product teams to bring our brand and our product to life.
Part of the Bumble comms org, you will work closely with the Badoo Brand Marketing team, based in London, to create transferable earned campaigns, driving positive coverage that delivers awareness and education for Badoo. You will be developing, drafting and executing communications plans, managing press relationships and briefing spokespeople. Motivated, organised and detail-orientated with a deep understanding of the global media landscape and an eye for a great story.
You must be comfortable overseeing multiple projects at once, working with various agencies and internal stakeholders - as well as being confident working independently. This role will be based in London, reporting to the VP, Global Communications based in Austin. Ability to travel (in accordance with government guidance) and attend events outside of work hours, as needed.
- Build timely strategic PR-led campaigns that showcase the company’s mission and values based on key company insights - delivered as global toolkits
- Create and execute PR outreach plans in support of the brand, marketing, talent, partnership and product launches
- Manage external agencies and internal resources to develop integrated campaigns (briefing, providing strategic feedback, production)
- Act as communications champion, identifying and acting upon potential threats and opportunities
- Driving press coverage that educates and makes Badoo relevant for consumers across the globe.
- Generating compelling media narratives and pitch ideas that can be replicated across multiple markets.
- Identify media opportunities aligned with business priorities (major events, seasonal moments, product launches, etc) and deliver campaigns or activations against them, and plan and manage creative and strategic national marketing campaigns alongside always-on marketing efforts.
- Represent the Comms team in planning and strategy with business and product teams to ensure we’re telling the best story possible for the brand.
- Drafting messaging and media strategies to amplify announcements, product launches and updates, partnerships and campaigns.
- Analysing consumer insights to translate them into compelling stories.
- Preparing communications materials and briefings for key spokespeople.
- Managing day-to-day global and local agency support, including budget accountability.
- Responding, routing and escalating press inquiries.
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact of communications work, as required.
- Relevant experience in consumer communications and PR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leading major projects
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in managing individuals and/or agencies, building teams/networks and communicating across time zones
- A strong understanding of all media platforms
- Comfortable with regional travel to meet with local agencies + teams and attend activities (when needed)
- A strong believer in Badoo’s brand vision and values
- Able to work as an individual as well as a team player
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- You are self-directed and engage in media opportunities with a sense of urgency
- You are organized and with an eye for detail
- You are able to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- You are able to work cross-functionally across teams, time zones and cultures
- You are deeply passionate about Badoo’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/