We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a collaborative and analytical customer strategist to join the global Strategy and Operations function across Bumble and Badoo brands. This role will be the key driver of audience level strategy, working closely with regional and channel marketing teams across both brands to drive growth of a target segment of customers around the world. This role will report to the Director of Global Strategy.
As Associate Director of Global Segment Strategy, you’ll be responsible for developing the playbook to achieve the company’s goals for that segment, and partnering with our Marketing teams to localize and rollout the strategy from acquisition, to engagement, monetization and retention. You’ll partner with Marketing to develop omni-channel marketing strategies, create go-to-market playbooks to grow this customer segment in new markets, craft the learning agenda required to optimize performance against current playbooks, and monitor business trends and campaign results to ensure we’re hitting our segment goals in each market. To do this, you’ll drive the research and business intelligence roadmaps to generate segment-level insights, and then turn those insights into action by operationalizing them in the form of marketing strategy recommendations, product optimizations, partnership opportunities, and more.
This role is highly cross functional, and requires broad stakeholder collaboration across all areas of the business to lead strategic initiatives from start to finish that drive sustained growth for this key audience in our fast growing global business.
Location: This role will be based in our Austin office.
- Become an expert on customer behavior and insights at a market-level by performing analysis using customer data from internal systems and external research to draw commercially-savvy conclusions that are communicated visually and / or in digestible formats.
- Champion understanding and consumption of customer insights across every function of the business to ensure a customer-first approach in all we do.
- Shadow responsibility for audience-level growth and P&L objectives. Set growth targets for key audiences globally and operationalize strategies to achieve those goals cross functionally.
- Partner with marketing channel owners across the business to weave segment-level insight into evaluating current performance and driving growth for target segments in each brand & channel.
- Determine KPI’s and monitor overall business performance of target customer segments against key metrics.
- Develop global go-to-market playbook for how to achieve growth in our target customer segment upon entering new markets, inclusive of marketing channels, value propositions, and test roadmap, partnering with regional marketing teams to customize needs per market.
- Partner with Product and Product Marketing to identify feature gaps and opportunities to address key segment needs within the product experience, informing product roadmap development.
- Inform investment levels across brands, channels, and geographies specific to target audience goals.
- Drive Business Intelligence and Research team scope / agenda with a customer-first lens for commercial organization and ensure ruthless focus on most essential analyses, generating insights to determine how we grow with the customer at the heart of our strategies.
- Lead group-wide strategic initiatives in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders that are focused on innovation / category expansion related to our target audience in partnership with Commercial Strategy.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build measurement and evaluation frameworks to support a learning agenda against our target audiences
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Undergrad degree in Marketing, Economics, Finance or similar / equivalent experience
- Experience in marketing or strategy within technology / social connection platforms / ecomm marketplace, with responsibility of creating commercial strategies and/or consumer-facing go to market strategies
- Proven track record of effective stakeholder management at all levels of the business, including driving executive/senior leadership conversations
- Experience working within a company with a global, multi-country marketing footprint, and/or multi-brand portfolio
- Proven interpersonal and influencing skills; collaborative team member within Marketing and across non-marketing functions
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Experience working across time zones with remote teams preferred
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written), comfortable communicating at all levels from interns to executives
- Iterative thinker, with experience working in a test and learn environment
- You bring a one-team approach, building a project team across functions internally, with agencies and with external partners
- You are eager to learn and open to change & ambiguity
- Highly systematic, creative, and methodical with a problem-solving approach
- You are metric focused and embed a test-and-learn culture. You have the ability to understand art + science
- You thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/