We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to lead our Member Safety team. Working for both the Badoo and Bumble brands and reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, the Head of Member Safety will be responsible for delivering a fundamental part of both brand propositions (and our overall company reputation). They will be in charge of leading a team responding to member safety incidents across different channels, and defining and enforcing our safety policies.
The role can be based in either London or Austin.
- Quickly build the new Member Safety team, hiring in the best available talent from within the business and externally. Develop team vision, role profiles and relevant onboarding materials
- Oversee the ongoing definition of community guidelines and protocols for managing breaches
- Oversee and ensure swift resolution on complex, high-visibility cases
- Ensure adherence to SLAs for general member safety case handling and escalations
- Partner with stakeholders across Community Operations, Product (especially Service Integrity), Marketing/Brand, Public Policy, Communications and Legal to gain alignment and support for member safety protocols
- Establish good working relationships with relevant law enforcement bodies and others for guidance and as needed case handover
- Chair the internal Member Safety Council, a cross-functional team of in-house field experts on safety who acts as an consultation group on different safety issues, and redefine the scope and objectives of the team
- Help to cultivate the Customer Operations & Planning function's reputation of high quality, independent thinking and output, discipline and customer obsession, and be individually sought out for thought partnership
- Build a productive and engaged set of peer relationships within Customer Planning & Operations and broader business stakeholder groups
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Law, Behavioural sciences or related field
- Experience in the dating industry or other community platform based companies, and/or law enforcement, in safety-related roles
- Demonstrable experience of influencing stakeholders up to board level, and efficiently liaising with multiple stakeholders and interested parties
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data, including research findings, to support recommendations
- Experience working in global, diverse environments
- Ability to shape strategy by anticipating and interpreting market changes and proactively bring implications into planning meetings
- Demonstrated track record of acquiring talent and building highly effective teams. You are an engaging and articulate leader who creates a common sense of purpose and leads by example
- You are customer obsessed and ground thinking and actions in deep customer insight (combining internal and external sources), helping to guide business priorities based on this insight
- You are able to inspire and influence and build powerful relationships across stakeholders, helping others find meaning and purpose in their work, inspiring and motivating team members through energetic engagement
- You have an entrepreneurial edge and are able to combine big and small company experience with the ability to thrive in a global ‘start-up’ environment
- You are able to bring diverse thinking with an inclusive attitude
- You are an excellent communicator, able to engage and influence a wide range of customers – internal and external - and build productive relationships. You have the ability to build relationships virtually in a post-COVID world
- You have a low ego and are not hierarchical with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves when necessary
- You have the determination and persistence required to overcome obstacles and stay the course of driving change. A relentless focus on winning in the market!
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble's brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/