We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our Member Safety team as the Head of Safety Programs. Working for both Bumble and Badoo brands, the Head of Safety Programs will be responsible for helping to define and operationalise strategy, build and scale the function to meet the future needs of the platform and our members, and providing subject-matter expertise to inform safety programs and product roadmap.
The candidate will work with a cross-functional team focused on the safety of the Bumble and Badoo platforms and its members. The ideal candidate will have experience with comprehensive safety programs at a company that connects individuals in the digital and physical space, as well as experience implementing safety programs at scale across a global business.
Reporting to VP of Member Safety, the Head of Safety Programs will be instrumental in helping design, prioritise, and implement safety strategy and programs to help drive this team forward.
The role can be based in either London or Austin.
- Responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the strategies, tactics, and priorities of Bumble’s Member Safety team around the world
- Continuously improve and implement a framework for annual and quarterly planning with cross-functional partners. Guide the development of strategic narratives and prioritised project lists
- Data-driven strategy. Synthesise and analyse data to deliver compelling, insightful, data-driven recommendations to senior leadership on an array of safety issues involving harassment, hate speech, and body-shaming
- Generate insights to inform Member Safety Programs
- Define, launch and lead cross-functional strategic programs to ensure continued operational improvement globally
- Establish governance structures to set up the business for continued success
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of experience with 2+ years of experience in a safety-focused role, ideally for a consumer-facing business and preferably a tech-enabled, online service
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures related to safety, including global policies that span geographic borders
- Proven track record of proactively identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
- Experience working closely with internal stakeholders across the organisation including product management, engineering, legal, customer service, operations, and senior executives
- Proficient knowledge of safety issues & best practices (background checks, identity verification solutions, etc) in the U.S. and internationally
- You have sound business judgment and excellent quantitative skills
- You are able to understand, evaluate, and differentiate a range of technical solutions to safety concerns
- You are a big-picture thinker and strategic leader
- You are detail and data-oriented and comfortable analysing complex, ambiguous problems and providing data-driven recommendations
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/