We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive and enthusiastic leader to be the Head of External reporting. This role can be based in Texas area.
The External Reporting and Technical Accounting Team is responsible for completing all external filings for the company and is a crucial part of the Accounting organization. Additionally, this role serves as a key technical accounting resource within the Company and is responsible for conducting accounting research and preparing memos and position papers for a variety of technical accounting matters affecting the Company. This position will work across the Finance organization as well as other key constituents such as accounting, tax, FP&A, legal, investor relations, human resources, corporate communications and other business partners. You will join an amazing team of Accounting and Finance professionals and help establish a best-in-class financial reporting and technical accounting department within a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE:
· Own the Company's regulatory financial reporting process, including SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q etc.)and review of the XBRL process, and other financial and governmental statutory reporting as required.
· Collaborate with internal and external legal counsel, treasury and other business partners to support 8-K, proxy statement and other SEC filings
· Guide the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures, and management discussion and analysis (MD&A) in support of the Company's SEC reporting requirements.
· Assist in the preparation quarterly financial presentations for senior leadership and audit committee.
· Work closely with Investor Relations to help create quarterly earnings releases
· Participate in month/quarter/year-end close activities including complex accounting calculations and entries, financial statement consolidations, intercompany reconciliations, elimination entries, transfer pricing entries, and revaluations. Support the internal and external quarterly and annual review/audit engagements.
· Monitor and evaluate proposed rule changes and implement as necessary
· Coach, mentor, and train the team; take an active interest in their growth and develop the next generation of leaders.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance OR equivalent work experience
· CPA or equivalent certification
· 15+ years of progressive accounting experience
· 5+ years managing the SEC reporting function at a large, public company
· Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP
· Demonstrated experience with SEC reporting at a public US company
· Combination of private industry and public accounting experience preferred
· You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our global teams
· You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
· You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
· You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
· You have excellent time management, and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
· You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
· You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
· You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision
· You are passionate about leading, managing and inspiring cross-functional teams
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/