We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a commercially-minded Lead UK Privacy Lawyer to provide guidance on a wide range of privacy matters and help our group deliver new innovative business, product and service initiatives. Reporting into the General Counsel, the applicant will have a solid interest and knowledge of the Tech industry and enjoy working with other members of a global business, providing strategic advice and direction on data protection compliance. This individual will be proactive and progressive and have the ability to deliver sound, independent legal judgement in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the group’s external data protection officer
- Support new business/ product initiatives from a privacy perspective
- Undertake data protection impact assessments, legitimate interest assessments and provide strategic advice and direction to the business
- Be the primary point of contact for privacy related enquiries from our internal teams, providing them with appropriate advice and guidance
- Ensure compliance with local data protection laws and regulations and provide independent, strategic advice and direction on data protection compliance
- Draft and update privacy notices and data protection policies
- Provide data protection and privacy advice relating to business contracts and partnerships, and negotiate and draft related contracts
- Maintain current knowledge of all relevant privacy legislation and regulations and distribute this knowledge across both the legal function and the wider business
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Qualified privacy lawyer (or equivalent) with solid experience, ideally with at least 7 years of experience in an in-house and law firm environment
- Data protection and privacy subject matter expert with experience of working for a global business
- Experience advising on machine learning / AI projects and ad-tech issues
- Demonstration of a pragmatic and commercial approach to legal challenges
- IAPP CIPP-E or equivalent qualification desirable
- You are comfortable using and advising on technology with knowledge of the tech industry
- You are commercially-minded with good communication skills
- You have a strong ability to assess risk, work under pressure and prioritise issues
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/