We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our Member Safety team. Working for the Bumble brand and reporting to the Member Safety Operations Manager, the Member Safety Operations Specialist will be responsible for responding to escalated safety incidents and keep our members and platform safe.
Please note that this position requires a full work day on the weekend, in exchange for a day off during the week.
- Investigate and resolve reported safety escalations across multiple channels in a timely manner
- Address traumatic, sensitive and potentially offensive content
- Deal with high pressure escalations, grey areas and pulling in cross functional teams, when appropriate, to resolve issues swiftly while putting our members first
- Remain up to date on key workflow changes, safety guidelines, policy updates and Community Guidelines
- Compile documentation regarding issue resolution to inform escalation decision-making, and policy development
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 1+ years experience in escalations or similar experience in a fast paced, often high pressured environment
- Excellent oral and written skills in English. Fluency in Spanish, French or German will be a plus
- Experience in investigations, internet safety or equivalent environment ideal but not required
- Social work experience is ideal but not required. (For example, answering phones for Samaritans or a Domestic Violence hotline)
- You are passionate about safeguarding our community with empathy and compassion
- You are flexible, self-motivated, dedicated, and hard-working
- You have ability to multitask and manage competing priorities without getting overwhelmed
- You have strong conflict management skills and ability to prioritise cases depending on urgency
- You have a positive approach together with a willingness to learn
- You are enthusiastic and fun to work with
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble's brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/