We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a quick-thinking, detail-obsessed PR Coordinator to join our team and play a key role in supporting Bumble’s Communications team worldwide. The ideal candidate for this role will be an excellent writer and a thoughtful organizer who is dedicated to communicating clearly and effectively.
As a member of the Communications team, this role will be responsible for steering multiple projects at a time and must feel confident working both independently and with colleagues across multiple teams within the business.
Location: This is an entry-level role based in Austin, Texas and will report to the Senior PR Manager.
- Support Bumble’s global communications team with daily media monitoring and assessing external communications requests
- Assist in drafting press deliverables for interviews and speaking opportunities, including media briefing documents, spokesperson bios, and more
- Manage PR analytics tools and conduct reporting in the form of comprehensive campaign wrap reports and media audits to showcase media’s impact on the business and industry
- Build and maintain media assets, including press releases, media lists, press kits, and more
- Help build best practices and new processes to enhance team efficiency
- Work cross-functionally across multiple departments, including those based internationally
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrates fundamental writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Displays basic presentation skills and can communicate clearly both internally and on behalf of the company in a professional manner
- Proficient in using appropriate software, such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite). Experience in media monitoring software(s), such as Cision or Meltwater, is a plus!
- Ability to examine insights and qualify the impact of earned media through coverage synopsis, campaign wrap reports, and more
- Able to present a portfolio of writing samples that can be reviewed as part of the interview process
- Bachelor’s Degree (PR, Advertising, Comms or related field preferred)
- Documented experience in public relations, media relations, or communications (agency, corporate, or startup experience is a plus)
- You have a love of media and showcase a keen sense for news, current events, and pop culture
- You exhibit a growth mindset and a willingness to learn on the job
- You can meet deadlines, quickly adjust to changes in priorities, and ultimately thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You engage in projects with a sense of urgency
- You are a self-starter and can operate resourcefully with the ability to execute projects through to completion, but also enjoy working closely with team members
- You showcase meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage, and equality
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/