We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced PR Manager to join our growing European team.
You should be passionate about Bumble and the work we’re doing to empower women and challenge gender dynamics. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer with significant experience in developing, drafting and executing communications plans, managing press relationships and briefing spokespeople.
You will work closely with teams around the world to build, adapt and execute campaigns, driving positive coverage that drives awareness and education for Bumble in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The candidate will be highly motivated and detail orientated with a deep understanding of the German speaking media landscape.
We are a small team looking for a PR Manager who is impact driven, adept at managing multiple projects at once and feels confident working independently.
This role will be based in London reporting to the EMEA Director of Communications but we are open to candidates who are looking to relocate. Ability to travel (in when government guidance allows) and attend events outside of work hours, as needed.
- Driving press coverage that educates German speaking consumers and makes Bumble relevant for single millennials in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Developing and executing communications programmes and initiatives to support Bumble’s growth in Germany as well as owning execution for global initiatives
- Managing and building relationships with German press, including media requests
- Drafting German language messaging to amplify announcements, partnerships and campaigns
- Written fluency in both German and English is required
- Analysing consumer and audience insights to build compelling press stories
- Preparing communications materials and briefings for key spokespeople
- Partnering with internal functions stakeholders (marketing, product, etc) to identify opportunities, surface needs and execute campaigns
- Managing the day to day agency support in German, including budgets
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact of communications work, as required.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 4+ years professional experience in PR and media - agency or in-house
- Undergraduate degree (Public Relations, Communications, Journalism preferred)
- Superb command of both German and English, verbally and written
- Experience and deep knowledge of the Germany media landscape
- Love of all things media with a sense for news, current events, and pop culture
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate professionally on behalf of Bumble
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- You are organised and detail oriented with an eye for detail
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You are able to work cross-functionally across teams, time zones and cultures
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/