We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is currently looking for a Middle Product Designer for our internal products.
“What internal products?”
We are the team who design and build tools that help other teams connect with our Bumble and Badoo users through multiple online channels, moderate profiles, and in general make the company work more efficient.
This role will be based in London.
- Work closely with a Product Manager to ideate on new ideas and UX for tools
- Craft exceptional flows and experiences that are easy to use and serving needs of users
- Work together with developers to ensure precise delivery of designs
- Conduct research to better understand users needs
- Iterate on designs by receiving feedback
- Contribute and handle the library of our UI guidelines
- Give and seek feedback during critique sessions to continually raise the bar for quality in the team
- Regularly present your work and evangelise good design standards within the team and the wider company
- Constantly challenge yourself and the team on how we work, helping to adopt new practices and tools
- Contribute to the design culture at Bumble
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience facilitating a human-focused design approach within the team
- Well-trained eye for great visual design execution, but with a main focus on delivering great experiences and solving problems
- Strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills
- Successful experience partnering with research, design, product and engineering
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviour into great user experience and design
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You're passionate about evangelising design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our global teams
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/