We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Public Policy Associate to support a growing global team. The successful candidate will be agile, juggle multiple projects at once, and able to quickly get up to speed on new issues with little guidance. The Public Policy Associate is a hands-on, fast-paced role for someone who can easily build and execute creative and proactive programs independently. This person should be passionate about Bumble, the services we provide and the audience we serve.
- Assist the development of annual strategies, functional plans, and OKRs;
- Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meetings, offsites, etc.);
- Attend internal and external meetings, conferences, and events with and on behalf of policy staff on priority issues;
- Monitor, track, and summarize global policy developments;
- Conduct research on public policy topics as requested to guide Regional and Country leads, providing verbal and written analysis and recommendations;
- Work with colleagues to acknowledge regulatory and legislative requests or opportunities to provide feedback, including drafting input.
Experience We Are Looking For:
- Able to identify complex policy concepts into plain language for non-expert audiences
- Strong organizational skills, follow-through, and flexibility around changing priorities and deadlines;
- Ability to develop thoughtful, multi-faceted action plans to approach difficult and complicated policy questions, research, and other strategies to develop a thorough understanding of the issues and build realistic solutions;
- Ability messaging materials, and working with cross-functional groups
- Skilled in managing crisis communications situations
- Familiarity working with diverse cross-functional relations
- Experience with consumer communications around complex security topics
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Proven experience in a political science, public policy, international affairs, or communications role
- Strong understanding of and passion for Bumble’s unique culture and mission
- Demonstrated ability to act with the highest level of discretion at all times
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills;
- Prior knowledge or or desire to learn tech policy issues;
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness.
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/