We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Hey! Nice to meet you. We’re the Bumble design team, the minds behind some of the world’s biggest dating brands like Badoo and Bumble. Our apps are used by millions of people worldwide and we don't stop at dating. Right now, we're making bold moves to make the world better and we're looking for more great minds to help us.
We’re looking for a Senior Content Designer to join our fast-growing content design team. You’ll be working across our core Bumble product, shaping experiences that make a difference to the lives of millions of members. We prioritise kindness, respect and equity – both on our app and in that workplace. So if you’re looking to join a team where everyone has a seat at the table, you're in just the right place.
- Leading, shaping, designing and measuring content across the core Bumble app
- Supporting with ContentOps and contributing to our content ways of working
- Working closely with the marketing team to align brand and product content, for joined-up member experiences
- Building great relationships with stakeholders, such as localisation teams, to see things from different perspectives and bring people on the journey with you
- Initiating content research and testing, drawing on both qualitative and quantitative methods to make sure your content resonates
- Working collaboratively with product designers and managers to understand the big problems and make sure we’re solving these in the right way
- Setting the standard for other content designers in the team
- Challenging yourself and the team learn new practices and tools
- Empowering our users to feel safe and empowered to build healthy, equitable relationships
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in a senior content design, strategy or UX writing role where you’ve led content design for a large digital product (ideally app-based)
- A good knowledge of inclusive and accessible content, why it’s important and how to drive change in this space
- Experience of working closely with localisation and internationalisation teams on global project initiatives
- Experience of shaping change and making a positive difference to content design ways of working
- Examples of where you’ve delivered large-scale end-to-end content design projects – from discovery to measurement and iteration
- A strategic approach and practical understanding of how to deliver content strategy and build a process to govern it
- A love of collaboration and plenty of experience of building brilliant working relationships with wide-ranging stakeholders – from marketing to legal
- A track record of making cultural change and enhancing the perception and maturity of content design
- The ability to test and measure content, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- You love being part of a cross-disciplinary team, working with researchers, designers and teams from across the business
- You’re not phased by working in a fast-paced product environment with a large (and super friendly) team
- You champion an inclusive, user-focused perspective, while having a great grasp on business needs and priorities
- You’re passionate about sharing the content love with others, bringing them along the journey with you and helping them see why it matters
- You always consider the ‘so what’ not just the ‘what’, asking the right strategic questions to make sure your work gets the right results
- You’re as comfortable designing microcopy as you are creating product-wide content strategies
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/