We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is expanding its analytical function and we are looking for experienced analysts to be part of the business insights team. You’ll join our team of 4 bright and savvy analysts and data scientists within the wider data organization of over 70 professionals. You will work on a wide range of data and strategic challenges such as segmentation, geospatial analyses, business forecasting, competitor analytics and insight generation for the Bumble leadership team.
If you want to work with some of the most exciting technologies for big data, this is your chance! We constantly review and extend our tool stack to remain current. Continuous learning is a crucial part of the job. If you are passionate about the dating market or about our products and if any of the above speaks to you, we would like to hear from you!
- Deliver actionable insights to a range of stakeholders such as executive leadership, strategy and finance
- Efficiently present your information to executive stakeholders, effectively select the right visualization types and abstract technical complexities in accessible business language
- Pick up and own a variety of strategic tracks on a range of topics (e.g. impact of a post-covid world on dating, how will certain new markets respond to Bumble entry), perform data analyses and translate finding to actionable business implications
- Take the lead on new exploratory research projects in a wide variety of areas
- Partner with the wider Business Analytics team to solve bigger business problems
- Fast delivery of actionable insights within an environment of rapidly changing priorities
- Drive a culture of insightful storytelling across the Business Analytics team and beyond.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven commercial experience working with business leaders and strategy stakeholders in a previous data or consulting role
- Proven commercial experience querying, analysing and providing insights from large datasets
- Advanced SQL: analytic functions, performance tuning, data wrangling
- Comfortable with visualizing data in a range of output formats (e.g. decks) or tools (e.g. BI tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy etc.)
- Experience in presenting findings to varying audiences (technical and non-technical stakeholders) and catering presentation style appropriately
- Excellent attention to detail and a clear and concise writing style
- Comfortable working with a broad range of BI tools (or willingness to pick up new tools quickly), identifying the most appropriate solutions across diverse stakeholder needs
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of statistics
- Python: pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels, IPython/JupyterData Visualisation: D3.js, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, ggplot (any of the above)
- Experience with GIS software such as Carto
- Data Modeling
- Exposure to machine learning methodologies would be a nice to have
- Exposure to Version Control software as git is a nice to have
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/