We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble Inc. is looking for a curious, flexible and agile Senior Insights Manager with strong experience in - but not limited to - quantitative research. You will be working closely with the Badoo and Bumble marketing and product teams, and will be helping to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of our Global community, by advocating for our users’ needs and amplifying their voices. You will have the opportunity to work on some truly fascinating projects centred on understanding human behaviour, culture and safety in online dating. You will also be a pivotal part of helping us to grow our research on safety as a fundamental component of the online dating experience.
This role will be based in London, reporting to the Research Director.
- Act as a partner and ally to our brands, design, creative and communication teams, to ensure that user thinking is a core part of the marketing and product process
- Deliver inspirational, action orientated and professional standard research
- Deepen knowledge of our users and target audience, through user profiling or segmentation work
- Develop insights which give a deep understanding of our current brand positioning and purpose
- Create research which explores cultural trends and safety insights, to help ensure that our brands are able to have an impactful voice
- Help build and scale the market research function. For example by mentoring junior researchers, educating on best practices, and expanding our methods and operations
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- This is a wide ranging role with significant responsibility, so we're looking for someone with substantial market research and customer insight experience (approx. 8 years plus)
- Strong experience in running quantitative research - but not limited to it
- Strong familiarity with analytical techniques such as MaxDiff, Conjoint, Factor Analysis, Regression modelling, etc
- Experience of a broad range of market research methods, such as brand strategy and positioning research, concept and creative testing
- Comfort with running research studies yourself, from end to end
- Strong quant project managing skills, familiarity with running survey through panel providers as well as using internal CRM systems
- Understanding of how to work with modern, agile research techniques
- Comfort with generating insight to fuel the creative product development and marketing planning process
- Comfort with working with and influencing at senior levels
- Q-Research software desirable
- Excellent Excel skills
- Outstanding PowerPoint skills
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our global teams
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You are engaging, inspiring and a clear communicator
- You have a proven track record of socialising and embedding research findings to drive business outcomes
- You know when to be scrappy and when to hold the line on methodology
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/