We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced, energetic and analytical tax professional to join Bumble as Senior Manager, Global Indirect Tax. The Senior Manager, Global Indirect Tax will oversee the global indirect tax compliance and planning processes for the company. The role will rely heavily on coordinating and collaborating across functions to enhance and improve financial systems and external reporting associated with global matters.
This role will be based in Texas, reporting to the VP of Tax and Treasury.
- Detailed knowledge of sales, use, value added, goods and services and property tax provisions (not state specific provisions). Knowledge of tax provisions as they apply to online services and digital products a plus
- Prepare and review sales & use tax, VAT, GST and property tax calculations and coordination with external tax advisors
- Investigates and prepares responses to notices and inquiries from various taxing authorities
- Perform tax research and analysis in order to provide a recommended solution and prepare written documentation to support tax positions taken
- Assist with determination of taxability of new products and services globally as needed
- Implementation and post-implementation management and maintenance of a tax engine
- General knowledge of SEC and IRS reporting requirements
- Stay abreast of indirect tax law changes in the U.S. and in the key foreign jurisdictions we operate to manage risk and identify potential planning opportunities
- Develop and execute tax planning strategies
- Support income tax audits and respond to tax notices and other similar correspondence
- Perform research related to global indirect tax issues as they arise; document tax implications accordingly
- Collaborate across Corporate Finance, Legal, Treasury, Human Resources and other organizations with respect to tax strategies and projects impacting these functions.
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience working in a multinational company and/or large public accounting firm
- CPA license preferred
- Masters Degree in Tax or MBA preferred
- Deep technical expertise with demonstrated experience resolving complex tax issues
- Experience successfully running multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to executive team
- Excellent management and leadership skills, with the ability to leverage, coach and motivate talent to inspire action and achieve results
- Experience working with a mix of in-house and outsourced resources
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our global teams including Finance, Legal, Treasury, Human Resources and other organizations
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
- You are detail oriented and have strong analytical skills
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/