We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a London based User Researcher (or Senior User Researcher), to work within the revenue team to help us deliver inspiring experiences for our members. Focussing on both the Bumble and Badoo dating brands, you will lead initiatives to deepen member understanding to fuel our product development process. Reporting into the Research Director and working in a cross functional team you will be an advocate for our members and their needs, championing them throughout every stage of development.
You’ll be working on global brands that are changing the lives of millions of people around the world already- and you’ll be helping us to grow and make an even more meaningful impact in the years to come. You will also be an integral part of the growth of a wider cross discipline research practice.
You will be an experienced user research professional with a proven track record of delivering rich, actionable insights. You will also be comfortable operating in a fast paced environment and working closely with senior stakeholders in the Revenue Team.
- Act as a partner and ally to designers, product managers, engineers and data analysts within the revenue team, to ensure that member thinking is a core part of the product development process for the development and promotion of some of our core products
- Deliver inspirational, action orientated, high quality user research
- Deepen knowledge of our members, their needs and uncover opportunities to better serve them
- Be comfortable in working on research across the product development cycle- from generative to evaluative, and everything in between
- Conduct research using a wide range of research methods- including things like remote IDIs, lab sessions, unmoderated research, surveys, diary studies and ethnography
- Identify new trends and opportunities which the revenue team should act upon to deliver delightful and inspiring experiences
- Help build and scale the user research function- for example by supporting junior researchers, developing best practices, and exploring new methods
- Focus on the entire experience across the revenue product journey, developing new features, supporting innovation, driving empathy with our members
- Work very closely with a fellow revenue researcher focused on revenue architecture (pricing, life cycle, paywalls and so on)
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ideally around six years of user research experience or greater, with some of this time spent focused on revenue or monetisation
- Experience of a broad range of both agile and advanced qualitative user research methods, bonus points if you are also comfortable with quantitative methodologies
- Comfortable running qualitative research studies independently from end-to-end
- Understanding of how to work with modern, agile research tools and techniques
- Comfortable generating insight to fuel the product development process
- Ability to deploy a solid toolkit for helping stakeholders develop deep empathy with their customers
- Ability to ladder iterative insights up to more foundational and strategic narratives
- A proven track record of socialising and embedding research findings to drive business outcomes
- You have an understanding of the nuances of running multi market, global research studies
- You are able to work with stakeholders to iteratively shape and create ideas for research projects
- You know when to be scrappy and when to hold the line on methodological rigour
- You have the ability and desire to take a very hands-on approach to your work, bonus points if you also have experience managing stakeholders in an inhouse research role, even better if this experience is in product within a tech environment
- You are comfortable working with and influencing at senior levels
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/