We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for a VP, Brand Creative to own and carry out all Bumble App and Bumble brand Creative Team initiatives. You must be customer-centric and can identify and meet internal and external customer needs. The VP, Brand Creative will partner with key business leaders in growth strategy, operations and product to elevate our brand across every aspect of the business including art direction for all marketing channels, and developing visual identities for physical experiences. You will work cross-functionally to ensure Creative programs are in line with Bumble’s objectives and metrics. You embrace the Bumble brand and take it to its optimal potential through a passion for the customer experience, incredible design expertise and be innovative within our Bumble Brand visual identity from high level concepts to detailed execution.
You will be a thought leader and people manager, who can further the team’s creativity while working collaboratively with both the marketing team, and broader company stakeholders. You will know how to scale the Bumble brand in a complex and evolving environment, helping to conceptualize, design and produce campaigns ranging from large scale brand campaigns to email templates, social media content, paid ads, webpages. A deep understanding of digital design, video, brand and social campaigns, physical spaces and performance marketing is critical.
- Be the primary owner for how the Bumble brand is expressed through powerful creative ideas
- Manage, develop and build a creative team that can generate and execute global creative work to be leveraged across our markets
- Own our brand guidelines and ensure ensure consistency of brand design, brand experience, and TOV across all surfaces and channels
- Lead a team of art directors, designers, copywriters, producers, and animators to respond to marketing briefs and product remarkable campaigns that drive growth
- Work with marketing leaders to develop and ensure strong operational management of creative talent against the needs of the business
- Develop a culture of creative excellence and mentor our talent to achieve world-class creative output
- Be responsible for the budget, headcount, project management, and people management of the Bumble creative organization
Experience we are looking for
- Proven track record of leading world-class brand or creative organization and/or developing in-house agencies with experience scaling teams in the creative space for a culturally relevant brand
- Comprehensive creative experience including agency and in-house experience (consumer technology or technology-enable experience preferred)
- You have extensive leadership experience with demonstrated ability to lead, develop, grow and retain a team
- Demonstrated experience with goal setting, delegating tasks and responsibilities set goals, holding teams accountable and providing thoughtful and meaningful feedback
- Ability to keep a pulse on the cultural zeitgeist including, but not limited to social, brand, content relevance
- Audacity and courage to develop and execute culturally impactful creative ideas and the ability to create a buzz and energy behind a brand that delights consumers. Exceptional conceptual, strategic art and copy fundamentals
- Deep understanding of using customer insights, user research and audience segmentation to drive results
- Ability to create a work environment that is high performance, fun and encourages active decision-making and considered risk-taking
- You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision
- You are passionate about leading, managing and inspiring cross-functional teams
- You have a drive to make things happen
- Strong emotional intelligence to lead and inspire others, and build relationships at all levels
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
Flexible working hours
Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 600 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/